After School Program Volunteer San Jose (Valley Palms)
60 people are interested
Project Access offers a variety of activities to enrich the lives of children living in affordable housing.
Volunteers are needed any day between Wednesday through Friday for the after-school program.
If you have just ONE DAY or ONE HOUR A WEEK to share you can help children with HOMEWORK, provide READING CLUBS, ARTS & CRAFTS, COMPUTER CLASSES, CHARACTER EDUCATION & many more activities that help children develop self-confidence and a love of learning!
At this time, we are looking for two specific volunteers:
English Conversation Circle Facilitator
Complement the Project Access Family Resource Center at Valley Palms’ efforts to provide one round of English as a Second Language classes to residents by facilitating a weekly English Conversation Circle Wednesday or Friday any time between 9am and 11am (mornings preferred, but 5pm-6pm is also available).
- Facilitate weekly English Conversation Circle (1 hour per week) on either Wednesday or Friday mornings
- Develop curriculum materials for the English Conversation Circle
- Expand the Family Resource Center’s role in providing tools and resources to continue learning English and feel more comfortable speaking the language
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
The Project Access Family Resource Center at Valley Palms Apartments currently offers programs and workshops related to education for youth, technology, adult capacity-building, and rotating nutrition courses. However, many residents have inquired about regular group fitness classes to be held onsite.
The Family Resource Center is looking for a fun and energetic group fitness instructor that would like to volunteer 1-2 hours per week to teach an exercise class for adults. Classes could include, but are not limited to, Zumba, yoga, dance, etc.
- Set up space for exercise class
- Facilitate weekly, consistent exercise class (1-2 hours per week)
- Expand the Family Resource Center’s role in providing tools and resources to continue building healthy and nutrition habits
- Experience leading group fitness classes
- Health/Nutrition background
- Spanish-speaker preferred
We'll work with your schedule.
2155 Lanai AvenueSan Jose, CA 95122
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14