Get Behind the Wheel: Become a Volunteer Driver
Community Thread's Transportation Program recruits, trains, and maintains a team of volunteer drivers that provide transportation service for Stillwater Area School District seniors and others who are unable to drive themselves.
We are currently looking for Volunteer Drivers to provide transportation to and from appointments for Washington County residents that live in the Stillwater School District. As a Volunteer Driver, you will:
- provide rides for clients using your insured personal vehicle
- provide social interaction to clients
- fulfill a large need in the community
- work a flexible volunteer schedule based on your availability and preferred driving area
- commit to a minimum of 3 months
Volunteers are required to complete an application; we also check references and complete a background check/driving record check. An orientation and training are required.
About Community Thread
2300 West Orleans St., Stillwater, MN 55082, US
Community Thread leverages resources and volunteers to improve the quality of life for adults & their families in our local community. Through direct and indirect services we impact issues of poverty, volunteer management, and senior involvement and isolation. We sustain volunteerism by connecting people and enriching lives. Our vision is a community where all people are engaged, enriched and connected.
Community Thread weaves through the community in a variety of ways.
Our programs/services include:
- Connecting community members through service and providing resources in the field of volunteer management through our regional Volunteer Center
- Engaging seniors through our Stillwater and Bayport Senior Centers
- Providing rides to medical appointments through our Transportation Program
- Assisting seniors and individuals with disabilities in their homes through our Chore Services Program
- Providing support during the holidays for families, individuals with disabilities and seniors in our community through our Holiday Hope Program
- We also host a number of community-wide volunteer initiatives including Rake-A-Difference Day and Spring Into Service.