Community Thread's Transportation Program recruits, trains, and maintains a team of volunteer drivers that provide door-to-door, transportation service for Stillwater Area School District seniors and others who are unable to drive themselves to medical appointments.
We are currently looking for Volunteer Drivers to provide transportation to and from medical appointments for Washington County residents. As a Volunteer Driver, you will:
- provide rides for clients using your insured personal vehicle
- provide social interaction to clients
- fulfill a large need in the community
- work a flexible volunteer schedule based on your availability and preferred driving area
- commit to a minimum of 3 months
Volunteers are required to complete an application; we also check references and complete a background check/driving record check. An orientation and training are required.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month