Several programs throughout the county use volunteers to transport the elderly, living in their homes but no longer able to drive safely, to medical appointments and other needs. Trips are pre-arranged several days in advance, as needed, agreeable with a volunteer. Volunteers choose how often they wish to be called. Flexible schedule!
Volunteers pick up residents at their home and transport them to appointments and home again:
- Steuben Coordinated Transportation is available to residents throughout Steuben County and they can request rides to local or long distance appointments. Volunteers are reimbursed mileage upon request.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Finger Lakes SPCA
- Driver Safety Instructor-Corning
- Catholic Charities Receptionist
- Bath VA
- Enjoy Driving? Try Delivering...
- CA$H Program Receptionist
- "Faith in Action!"
- Hornell Gardens
- Deliver Meals in the Hornell Area
- Help in long-term care...
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore -...
- Steuben Coordinated...
- Receptionist - CASH...
- Curtiss Museum - Various...
- Mossy Bank Nature Center
- Corning Meals on Wheels
- Red Cross - Corning
- Catholic Charities/Turning Point...
- Prattsburgh Free Library
- Corning "Reading Buddies"