506 people are interested
Guest Services Desk
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities of New Mexico
Please visit the new page to apply.
506 people are interested
Ronald McDonald House Charities of NM
Caring for Families with Ill Children
Ronald McDonald House Charities of New Mexico offers great opportunities to volunteer. As we help in the healing process by keeping families together while their child receives medical treatment at a nearby hospital our volunteers help by making a vital difference in the lives of the many people we serve by volunteering at the House, the Ronald McDonald Family Room and at special events.
At the Ronald McDonald House, volunteers play a crucial part of the day-to-day activities of the House, whether you are helping answering phones or setting up a room for an incoming family or helping keep the House clean and in order - each gives comfort to those who need it most and gives people hope knowing that people care.
Guest Services Desk Receptionist volunteers will work with the staff in the Guest Services Office to assist families and the public with any questions or concerns which may arise.
- Phone etiquette
- Computer skills
- Able to take direction
- Personable, patient, flexible and a good communicator.
- Resourceful and able to work independently.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Serves as an ambassador for the RMHC-NM, appropriately communicating the mission and purpose of the organization.
- Respect the privacy and the confidentiality of all guests and agency information.
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships with all staff, families, donors and stakeholders
- Past experience with receptionist duties a plus
- Greet families and visitors
- Provide tours for families, visitors, donors
- Accept donations and get donation forms filled out properly by donors
- Accept pop tab donations
- Answer phones
- Support administrative staff
- Date food donations
- Write and send thank you notes
- Check in and out DVDs to families
- Send out faxes for families
- Input data and create documents
- 18 years and older are required to submit to a background check. RMHC of NM will cover the cost.
- Are required to attend a one-hour new volunteer orientation prior to their first shadowing shift. This orientation will consist of, but is not limited to, House rules and regulation, dress code, confidentiality requirements, and staff expectations.
- Will complete two shadow dates of 2 hours or more with a veteran volunteer or staff person prior to their first shift.
- Will be required to attend any training or meeting pertaining to their position during their time at the House
TIME AND PLACE
Monday - Friday shifts: 9am-12pm, 12-3pm, 3-6pm
All shifts will be three hours long, unless otherwise arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator. Time and dates TBD based on the needs of the RMHC and volunteer.
All volunteer service in this position will take place either at Yale Ronald McDonald House or Highlands Ronald McDonald House.
- A three-month commitment is required to volunteer with this program unless otherwise arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The volunteer’s commitment time begins on the date of their first shift, not during shadowing.
- After the second shadow date, the volunteer will meet with the Volunteer Coordinator to confirm commitment and assess the placement.
- Volunteer time will not exceed 15 hours per week unless otherwise arranged by staff.
This position will be supervised by the Guest Services Coordinator/House Manager.
For safety reasons due to the vulnerable population we serve, we are asking that all volunteers have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Thank you for understanding!
- 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of New Mexico
1011 Yale Avenue NE, 1101 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) corporation, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Its grassroots-driven programs offer help where children need it most - right in their own communities. RMHC makes an immediate, positive impact on children's lives through its global network of local Chapters in 52 countries and regions and its three core programs: the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. These programs provide a bridge to accessible health care and allow families more time together, which helps in the healing process. RMHC and its global network of local Chapters also have hundreds of millions of dollars in grants and program services to children's programs around the world.
Multiple locations Albuquerque, NM 87106
September 27, 2022
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift weekly, 3-6 month minimum,
- COVID-19 vaccination