Regular exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Lead a weekly exercise class for seniors at Williamsburg Senior Center to help keep them in top shape. Lead exercises as part of our 6-week Fit Club from April 24th - May 29th.
- Lead a group of seniors in a weekly exercise - dance, stretching, yoga, zumba and more!
- Create exercise routines suitable for varied physical abilities
- Communicate effectively and courteously with JASA seniors and staff
- Exercise certification
- Experience leading seniors in exercises
- Experience with group exercise classes
- Knowledge of several light exercise techniques
- Comfortable leading a group of varying skill levels
- Knowledge of Spanish is helpful, but not required
- Availablity during the day on Wednesdays from April 24th - May 29th.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Long Island.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Mondays, for 6 weeks