Position Summary: Submarine Queuing Volunteers assist visitors and the Visitor Services staff as they prepare for tours of the USS Blueback submarine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with submarine tour guides by radio.
- Use Patron's Edge computerized ticketing system to determine the number of tickets sold for each tour.
- Take visitors' tickets for tours.
- Verify that visitors are at least three years old and 36 inches tall and can safely board the submarine.
- Be available from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Volunteer Benefits: Training and a lifelong learning experience. Admission for the volunteer to the museum, OMNIMAX and Planetarium shows, and submarine tours. An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service. Discounts in the Caf and Science Store. The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16