Submarine Queuing Volunteers work with Blueback and Guest Services staff, and assist visitors as they begin the tour experience of the USS Blueback submarine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with front desk and ticketing system to determine the number of tickets sold for each tour.
- Use a 2-way radio to communicate with submarine staff.
- Take visitors’ tickets for tours.
- Verify that visitors meet age and height guidelines for tour.
- Begin to communicate the history and story of the Blueback to tour participants.
- Lead tour participants outside to the top of the boat ramp.
- Must be available for one of the following shifts:
Weekday shift: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Weekend shift: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. OR 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to speak in public and respond to customer inquiries.
- Able to maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of situations.
- Able to listen and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Admission for the volunteer to the museum, theater and planetarium shows, and submarine tours.
- An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service.
- Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants.
- The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month for 9 months