OMSI Submarine Queuing Volunteer
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
1945 SE Water AvenuePortland, OR 97214
Submarine Queuing Volunteers work with Blueback and Guest Services staff, and assist visitors as they begin the tour experience of the USS Blueback submarine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with front desk and ticketing system to determine the number of tickets sold for each tour.
- Use a 2-way radio to communicate with submarine staff.
- Take visitors’ tickets for tours.
- Verify that visitors meet age and height guidelines for tour.
- Begin to communicate the history and story of the Blueback to tour participants.
- Lead tour participants outside to the top of the boat ramp.
- Must be available for one of the following shifts:
Weekday shift: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Weekend shift: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. OR 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to speak in public and respond to customer inquiries.
- Able to maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of situations.
- Able to listen and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Admission for the volunteer to the museum, theater and planetarium shows, and submarine tours.
- An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service.
- Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants.
- The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4 hour shifts per month, for minimum 9 months
Report this opportunity