Since its establishment in 1936, YMCA Camp Campbell has served tens of thousands of kids, from all over the greater San Jose area, and provided them with the opportunity to learn about positive values essential for future success.
Annually, the camp serves over 12,000 participants of all ages, in Residential Environmental Education, Summer Resident Camp, School-aged Child Care, Summer Day Camp, Family Camps, Challenge/Adventure Programs, and/or through Group Rentals. All YMCA programs promote the four core values of the YMCA, Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, and we strive to help kids build the developmental assets proven to help kids lead healthy lifestyle and empowers them to avoid unhealthy behaviors. For more information check out www.projectcornerstone.org.
As a grant writer, you will:
- Be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with camp staff to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with the Executive Director to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of history camp and programs.
- Arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment