Make a difference in the life of a senior! (Hamilton County)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
61 people are interested
If you would like to make a difference in the life of a senior citizen, the Shepherd's Center of Hamilton County is a great place to serve!
Opportunities through our Community Caring program:
- Friendly Visitor: Visit one-on-one with a senior.
- Transportation: Transport seniors to appointments or take them on errands.
- House Cleaning & Light Home Maintenance/Repair: Provide assistance in client's homes (house cleaning, landscaping, painting, etc.).
- Phone Pal: Connect with a senior by phone.
- Group Service Projects: Coordinate a group of people for various service projects.
- Nursing Home Visitation: Volunteer individually or with a group to provide visitation to those who have little interaction outside of staff. Groups have given birthday celebrations, presentations, provided interactive activities such as arts and crafts, etc.
You can volunteer one time or an on-going basis... Individually or in a group. We will match you with opportunities that fit your preferences and comfort level!
Opportunities for our Together Today program (Program meets Tuesdays 9:00a-1:00p at Christ United Methodist Church in Westfield, IN):
- Activity Coordinators: Assistance with planning and scheduling of weekly activities (Coordination of guest speakers, arts & crafts, field trips, etc.).
- Volunteers who can share their talents! We are always looking for guest speakers, people to lead arts & crafts groups, exercise activities, provide entertainment, etc.
Contact: Wanda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About Shepherd's Center of Hamilton County
347 S 8th St Suite B, Noblesville, IN 46060, US
The Shepherd's Center Of Hamilton County is an interfaith organization that values older adults and promotes opportunities for independent living and lifestyle enrichment.
Shepherd Center is an inter-faith senior citizen organization that serves all of Hamilton County, Indiana. Shepherd Center's goal is to provide programs for senior citizens in Hamilton County that enables and empowers older adults to enriched lives while maintaining their independent lifestyle through a collaboration with churches, service agencies and programs.
Our vision is to provide a quality program of service for senior citizens through collaborative partnerships. Our goal is to support and enhance the dignity of life to which those in their golden years are entitled. Shepherd Center strives to be recognized as a local leader in senior services by creating a volunteer based landscape that supports seniors as a caring friend. Through leadership in action, Shepherd Center will work collaboratively with other organizations that serve senior citizens to provide integration of service offerings. We want to inspire our community to share a culture of service and encourage all individuals make a difference in the life of a senior citizen.
Our services include social programs that include weekly activity meetings, nursing home visitations, service projects, and group outings. We also provide service programs that assess a senior's current state, connects those individuals with volunteers or other service organizations by developing an integrated program suited to addressing their needs. These programs provide opportunities for self-sufficiency for senior citizens.
We'll work with your schedule.
347 S 8th St Suite B (SCHC Office)Noblesville, IN 46060
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18