Under the supervision of the Director of Development, this volunteer will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with a multitude of tasks. You will assist with communications, setting up meetings, minute-taking, record keeping, maintaining files, and editing and proofreading as assigned. You will also be tasked with duties such as maintaining the Director of Development calendar, scheduling meetings, and administrative and general office duties as required by the Office of the Director of Development.
Minimum Qualifications are as follows:
- Relevant professional experience or academic background with good communication skills and experience working as part of a team in an office environment,
- Scheduling and preparation of meetings and minute-taking,
- Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Strong written and oral communication skill,
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects,
- Experience with or comfort working in databases
- Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.,
- Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army, and
- Minimum of 15+ hours weekly, 3+ days in office weekly. 3+ months; immediate start date contingent upon background check.
How to apply
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to Angela Soriano, the Volunteer and Donation Drive Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 15+ hours, 3+ days weekly; 3+ months
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator, background check, application and liability waiver