42 people are interested
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Manager and Development Department, this volunteer will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with a multitude of tasks. You will assist with data entry, communications, minute-taking, record keeping, maintaining files, and editing and proofreading in Word and Excel as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications are as follows:
- Relevant professional experience or academic background with good communication skills and experience working as part of a team in an office environment,
- Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Strong written and oral communication skill,
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects,
- Experience with or comfort working in databases
- Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.,
- Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army, and
- Minimum of 15+ hours weekly, 3+ days in office weekly. 3+ months; immediate start date contingent upon background check.
How to apply
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to Angela Soriano, the Volunteer and Donation Drive Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NWWashington, DC 20037
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 15+ hours, 3+ days weekly; 3+ months
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator, background check, application and liability waiver