Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in San Francisco! Next New Volunteer Trainings occur often! Great Opportunity for Busy Folks Who Still Want to Volunteer!! We will match you to someone in a convenient location!
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Interested in visiting with an elder adult community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "ElderWISE" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder client 2-4 times/month.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next new volunteer training, coming up soon!
Bilingual volunteers are also encouraged to apply but everyone welcome and much appreciated!
For more information, please contact: Brian Stannard at 415-290-8885 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Calling directly will ensure quicker response time, thank you!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, visiting 2 to 4 times monthly