We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Chemists Without Borders
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Responsibilities
Corporate Secretary, reporting to the President, shall be suitably trained, and professionally qualified for the scope below .
1. Corporate Secretary is a senior corporate officer who serves as a focal point for communication with the board of directors, senior management, government agencies and trustees , and occupies a key role in the administration of critical corporate matters.
2. Corporate Secretary is the confidant and counselor to the President and other members of senior management, acting as a source of advice on the conduct of business, including legal advice on conflicts of interest, through accounting advice on financial reports, to the development of strategy and corporate planning, especially on corporate governance affairs.
3. Corporate Secretary is an executive to assist directors and executives to achieve sound corporate governance essential to board and company performance, providing information on the practices of other organizations , and helping tailor corporate governance principles and practices to fit the corporate needs and expectations of constituents, especially major gift givers .
4. Corporate Secretary facilitates and assists the Board and executive leaders to perform frequent corporate governance reviews and to issue written statements of corporate governance principles.
5. Corporate Secretary is the company's named representative on legal documents, who ensure s that the company and its directors and executives operate within the law.
6. Corporate Secretary is responsib le for governance structures and mechanisms, corporate conduct within the organi z ation's regulatory environment to ensure that the organi z ation complies with relevant legislation and regulation.
7. Corporate Secretary is responsible for the corporate official documents such as the official seal, corporate bylaws and records, and minutes of all board , committee and executive meetings.
8. Corporate Secretary keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities, contact with regulatory and external bodies, reports and circulars to trustees, management of employee benefits, insurance administration and organi z ation, the negotiation of contracts, property administration and organi z ation and the interpretation of financial accounts.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Chemists Without Borders
20 Corte Dorado, Benicia, CA 94510, US
Our Mission Chemists Without Borders solves humanitarian problems by mobilizing the resources and expertise of the global chemistry community and its networks. Our Vision A global support network of volunteers providing mentoring, information and advice to ensure every person, everywhere, has affordable, consistent and persistent access to: Essential medicines and vaccines Sufficient safe water A sustainable energy supply Education in green chemistry and business which people can apply in their daily lives and teach to others Safe processes in work environments where chemical hazards exist Emergency support, including essential supplies and technology
Our primary goals include, but are not limited to, providing affordable medicines and vaccines to those who need them most, supplying clean water in developing countries, facilitating sustainable energy technologies, supporting chemistry education, and providing emergency disaster relief.
Chemists Without Borders alleviates human suffering in developing countries by:
- Mobilizing global resources and expertise, knowledge and creativity
- Developing self-reliance operating models
- Organizing around sharable processes and activities
- Partnering through social entrepreneurs and humanitarian organizations
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 16, 2008