Do you have a few hours a month that you would like to volunteer, but you don't have the time to go through training? Well, here is a perfect opportunity for you.
Bon Secours Hospice has been providing "good care" to patients and families dealing with terminal illness for over 20 years. We have found that providing help with yard projects and minor house repairs can give family members more time to spend with their loved ones. That's where our Special Project Volunteers come in. Especially during the Spring and Summer seasons, we provide services such as cleaning gutters, raking and bagging leaves, cutting grass, trimming hedges, and weeding and mulching. There are opportunities three weekends out of the month which means this works for even the most hectic of schedules.
This opportunity is great for people who want to give back to their community and enjoy being outdoors. If you think you would be interested, we would love to have you on the team!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Nursing Home Companion (Southside)
- Summer Human Service/Social Work...
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Patient and Family Support...
- Good Help Callers
- Special Project Volunteer
- Yard and House Project Volunteers
- Human Service Intership...
- Administrative Bereavement...
- Veteran Pinning Volunteer...
- Hampton Roads Bereavement Center...
- Licensed Cosmetologist