Agency Description: Family Violence Law Center (FVLC) seeks to end family violence in Alameda County by providing legal, counseling, and support for survivors of domestic violence, conducting prevention education to change individual and community perceptions about relationship abuse, and advocating for change within the legal, health, education, and criminal justice systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Crisis Line: Answer the agency crisis line and provide callers with crisis counseling, safety planning, assistance on shelter placement, information, and referrals to other agencies as needed.
2. Legal Assessment: Screen inquiries from potential legal clients either in person or over the crisis line, complete the legal intake form, secure restraining order consultation appointments.
3. Data Management: maintain communication with FVLC staff on clients and callers via agency's database.
4. Staff Support: Assist in case consultations, case management, and emergency relocation for clients referred by the Oakland Police Department's Domestic Violence advocates, FVLC's Mobile Response and legal teams.
5. Other duties as assigned by coordinators for crisis line and legal departments.
- Administrative Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year commitment to volunteer 4 hours a week