The Steuben County Health Care Facility is the perfect place to put your volunteer plans into action!
Volunteering for as little as 1 hour a week can make such a difference to the residents of this facility and, guess what? It's good for you, too!
What can you do?
- Help in the Gift Shop. There are flexible hours between 9:30 and 3:30, Monday - Friday.
- Be a Meal Host or Hostess. Volunteer during meal-times to serve residents.
- Be a Coffee Hour Host or Hostess. Serve Coffee to residents and pull up a chair for a chat.
- Show up just to visit or read with a resident - they will love your time and attention.
- Be an escort. Accompany residents on facility sponsored outings to offer a hand as needed.
- People Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Finger Lakes SPCA
- Driver Safety Instructor-Corning
- Catholic Charities Receptionist
- Bath VA
- Enjoy Driving? Try Delivering...
- CA$H Program Receptionist
- "Faith in Action!"
- McAuley Manor
- Deliver Meals in the Hornell Area
- Help in long-term care...
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore -...
- Steuben Coordinated...
- Receptionist - CASH...
- Curtiss Museum - Various...
- Mossy Bank Nature Center
- Corning Meals on Wheels
- Red Cross - Corning
- Catholic Charities/Turning Point...
- Prattsburgh Free Library
- Corning "Reading Buddies"