VITAS is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families. Friendly visits, simple errands, providing a listening ear and the gift of friendship at a crucial time can make a real difference in another's life. Yours, too! Other VITAS volunteer activities: relief care (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break); friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home; driving a patient or family member to appointments; accompanying a patient to a church function, wedding, beauty shop, play, ballgame; run errands to the grocery store, drug store, post office; assist with programs and special events.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Musical Volunteers
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Respite-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers