Supply Drive for Women
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
50 people are interested
Simpson Housing Services has a program working with long-term homeless women to locate housing and maintain their new homes. The program, called the Women's Housing Partnership, works with 80 women who have been homeless for several years. The women have survived living in shelter, outside, and in unsafe living situations with abusive partners. They are coming from places where they do not have many personal belongings. Staff works to find household items to help the women feel welcome and self sufficient in their new homes.We would love for a volunteer to coordinate a supply drive for the women. The supplies we need are:
- Body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Tooth brush and toothpaste
- Laundry soap
- Dish soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Kitchen garbage bags
- Cleaning products- bleach, 409, comet, etc
- Knives and other cooking utensils such as spatulas, can openers
- Cups and glassware
- Shower curtains and rings
- Blankets and comforters (regular blankets, no throw blankets)
- Other items that help make a house a home but not essential such as clocks, radios, TV or DVD players.
Volunteers may work on the entire list, or sections that they feel most passionately about.
Donation delivery hours are: Weekdays, 9 am until 4:30 pm Bell House 2100 Pillsbury Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404
Contact Christina Giese to donate or ask questions at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
Simpson Housing ServicesBell House2100 Pillsbury Ave SMinneapolis, MN 55404
- People 55+