Simpson Housing Services has a program working with long-term homeless women to locate housing and maintain their new homes. The program, called the Women's Housing Partnership, works with 80 women who have been homeless for several years. The women have survived living in shelter, outside, and in unsafe living situations with abusive partners. They are coming from places where they do not have many personal belongings. Staff works to find household items to help the women feel welcome and self sufficient in their new homes.
We would love for a volunteer to coordinate a supply drive for the women. The supplies we need are:
- Laundry soap
- A dozen new pillows
- A dozen new sheet sets, a variety of sizes (Twin, Full, Queen)
- Mops and buckets
- Brooms and dust pans
- Toilet paper
Volunteers may work on the entire list, or sections that they feel most passionately about. Donation delivery hours are: Weekdays, 9 am until 4:30 pm Bell House 2100 Pillsbury Ave S Minneaoplis, MN 55404
Contact Christina Giese to donate or ask questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Diaper Drive A-Go-Go!
- Welcome Home Basket Provider
- Morning Rush Coffee Drive
- Lunch Provider for Shelter Guests
- Baby Bin Volunteer
- Mentor for Middle School Students
- Literacy Mentor
- Celebration Gift Basket
- Reading Tutor
- Healthy Home Essentials
- Give a BOOST to Literacy...
- Shelter Hot Breakfast Provider
- Intro to Volunteering with...
- Shelter Hot Evening Meal Provider
- Supply Drive for Women
- Youth Group Overnight and...
- Tourists and Travelers: Give us...
- Undercover Drive!