40 people are interested
- Arrive at the shelter by 9:55pm, introduce yourself to the guests and evening volunteers.
- Visit and interact with guests.
- Lights out at 11:00pm.
- Secure the shelter by locking the doors, turning off lights, coffee maker, etc.
- Wake guests at the proper time.
- Prepare and serve breakfast.
- Wash dishes, clean kitchen, and dining room.
About Loaves & Fishes Ministries
831 N. Sycamore, Lansing, MI 48906, US
In a caring Christian environment, Loaves & Fishes Ministries provides emergency short term housing and advocacy services for homeless men, women, and children, and long term transitional housing and advocacy services for single men and single mother families.
Loaves and Fishes Emergency Overnight Shelter provides short-term housing and assistance to the homeless men, women, and children of the greater Lansing community. Homeless people are referred to our shelter because of fire, eviction, financial distress, unemployment, etc. While at the Shelter, guests are served a hot dinner and breakfast, provided a bed with clean linens, given personal items and are offered advocacy services for the purpose of helping them resettle into safe, clean, and affordable housing. Zacchaeus House offers women with children a safe, communal living environment while offering services they need to achieve personal and economic stability. Luke's House serves single men and strives to achieve the same goals. The purpose of the Transitional Homes is to empower the guests to transition from being homeless to being independent, self-sufficient and permanently housed.
We'll work with your schedule.
831 N. SycamoreLansing, MI 48906
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of ten hours per month.
- You must complete 12 hours of training. This is done in four hour blocks.