Spanish Translator - Virtual
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Who We Are:
Established in July 2006, Capture the Dream, Inc. is dedicated to helping underserved and at-risk individuals succeed at school and find fulfilling, sustaining careers. We foster hope, love, and support to youth at critical time periods to empower them to overcome adversity and achieve their dreams. No dream is too small and no dream is too large.
Our organization offers several ongoing programs such as our "Capture a Dream" Program that offers gift grants to low-income children throughout the Bay Area. Each gift grant embraces the value of education, arts, sports, and culture to encourage and motivate children in a time of need. In addition, our "Interpret a Dream" Program pairs up career-minded individuals with a mentor in a career field of interest. Our scholarship fund provides $1,000 scholarships to students in need. Along with these programs, we also donate school supplies through our annual DreamPack campaign and distribute Christmas gifts through our "Adopt a Family" Program.
This past year, we were able to fulfill the dreams of over 750 Bay Area Youth. In addition, Capture the Dream, Inc. has been recognized in the Oakland Tribune, UC Davis Magazine, a local New York Television Show, People Magazine, AsianWeek, World Journal, AT&T Community Spotlight Hero Award, 2007 Maybelline Empowerment through Education Award, Oakland Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Mayoral Proclamation, San Francisco Board of Supervisors Certificate of Honor, California State Senate Certificate of Honor, Appreciation Award from the Taiwanese Consulate, PG&E Community Service Award, and Pinnacle Award.
We are currently searching for a Spanish Translator within the Community Relations department. Volunteer will be responsible for promoting CTD programs to target Hispanic demographic clients. This position is responsible for providing reliable and accurate translations from English to Spanish and vice versa. The Spanish Translator must be detail oriented and highly flexible in order to excel in the diverse responsibilities and tasks. Thorough knowledge of the Hispanic culture and community preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reach out to Hispanic demographics to promote CTD programs and events
* Translate marketing materials from Spanish to English and/or English to Spanish. Convey the exact message when translated.
* An excellent command of the Spanish language with the ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication, ability to provide additional copywriting suggestions required.
* Write marketing materials, training materials, advertising and other marketing collateral.
* Perform other job-related duties as required
* Ensure the highest translation quality for all client deliverables.
* Thorough knowledge of Hispanic culture, community, and needs
* Fluent Spanish/English Bilingual required
* Excellent communication and mediation skills
* Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds is preferred, including people of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities.
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
* Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to convey ideas in a concise, clear and persuasive manner
* Ability to work with detailed and confidential information
* Proficient written communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and work in a timely fashion
* A minimum six month commitment is required for all CTD Volunteer positions
*Preferred: Access to transportation, Available for CTD monthly staff meetings
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Volunteer will receive experience within this career field and an exceptional letter of recommendation. We reward our volunteers with special promotional items, events, tickets, and other opportunities.
We'll work with your schedule.
484 Lake Park Ave #15Oakland, CA 94610
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18