Adoption Counselors (adults only) help both the animals and our customers. You will provide great customer service as you learn how to be a 'matchmaker' to help people find their feline companion. This is an extremely fulfulling volunteer role - the more animals we can find great homes for, the more homeless animals we can save! You will also interact with and assist in the care of the cats. This may include checking for general well-being, providing love and attention, weight checks, clean-up, and other assigned duties.
After attending New Volunteer Orientation, you will also have the opportunity to attend additional Adoptions Training as well as be mentored "on the job" while you learn the ropes of your role. Must be friendly with positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, and patience with and compassion for rescued animals.
At our Patricia L. Holmes Adoption Center (6001 Folsom Blvd in East Sacrament), we showcase adult cats waiting to be adopted into a "forever home." We also showcase cats and kittens at the PetSmart store located at the corner of Arden Way and Watt Avenue in Sacramento.
If you are interested, please go to our website www.happytails.org. Once at our site, click Volunteer and then Getting Started to sign up for a New Volunteer Orientation meeting where you can learn more about our organization and how to get started helping animals. Thank you!
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One day a week or biweekly, 3-hour shifts
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Fundraising/Special Events
- Animal Adoption Follow-Up Caller
- Have a heart for feral cats?...
- Help Homeless Cats. Join our...
- Great on the phone? Become a...
- Feline Feeders
- Treasurer / Board Officer
- Orientation Presenter, Adult...
- Help cats find a home. Become an...
- Help homeless animals - become a...