EL PODER SIN VER is a new program created by Braille Institute to reach out to Latino communities in the greater Los Angeles area. Braille Institute provides services for the blind and visually-impaired to help them gain and retain their independence. To assist in taking our free programs and services to these communities, we are in need of several bilingual volunteers to be a part of our new team. The minimum commitment is 3 to 6 hours per week for 1 year. We need bilingual volunteers with good handwriting to assist with registering individuals attending the programs. These volunteers will also assist with completing evaluations at the end of each six-week program. At this time our programs are being offered in East Los Angeles, Huntington Park, South Gate, and Maywood.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours a week for one year
- Library Circulation
- Library Technology Volunteer
- Telephone Reader Program
- Bilingual English/Spanish...
- Creative Arts Classroom Assistant
- Receptionist or Clerical Volunteer
- Braille Publishing-Braille...
- Sewing or Quilting Classroom...
- Practice your ASL while...
- Operations Assistant for...
- Vision Connect- 1-800-BRAILLE...