The Latino Student Fund runs a Tutoring Program to help PK-12th grade Latino students of the Washington, DC Metropolitan area improve their academic skills. Students are paired up with a tutor that will work with them on English and math skills, homework and building their foundation of knowledge. The one-on-one nature of the program allows students and tutors to establish a strong relationship.
The Program runs every Saturday (excluding major holidays) throughout the school year, from 9:30AM to 12:00PM.
- Permanent tutors are expected to attend 3-4 Saturday sessions/month.
- Floater tutors fill in for absent permanent tutors and should attend the program 1-2 Saturdays/month.
Requirements for Tutors:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Submit an application (all tutors) and complete a background check (for tutors over 18)
- Tutors do not have to speak Spanish!
- Be enthusiastic and committed to helping our cause
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Saturday mornings from September-May