Volunteers in the Community Awareness & Prevention Services (CAPS) program work to increase public awareness of the issue of sexual assault, BARCC’s services, and prevention strategies. Volunteers will engage in community outreach activities (i.e. distributing BARCC materials, staffing information tables, attending community events, etc.) and will provide awareness/prevention workshops to community audiences.
Visit http://www.barcc.org/join/volunteer-intern/volunteer/apply to apply!
Requirements and Details:
- Submission of BARCC Direct-service Volunteer application.
- Completion of 40 hour Rape Crisis Counselor training (see www.barcc.org for most current training schedule).
- Attend mandatory Peer Supervision on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Spend 4-6 hours each month doing community outreach activities.
- Volunteers interact with diverse community members, including survivors and significant others so must be prepared to receive disclosures and provide support.
- Weekday daytime availability is very helpful.
- CAPS is currently seeking volunteers of all genders!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training