The purpose of the Guest Greeter is to welcome and assist patients, families, and visitors as they enter the Medical Center thereby reducing their stress of being in an unfamiliar hospital environment.
Our Guest Greeters:
1. Greet everyone who walks through the area (staff, visitors, physicians, etc.) Ask visitors, "Can I help you find your way"?
2. Give directions to locations as requested. If no help is needed, wish them a nice day.
3. Offer to escort families to their destination. Walk at an appropriate pace for small children or elders to keep up.
4. Offer to help carry bags if parent seems "loaded down".
5. Use the radio to communicate with the information desk if you have a question.
Training Provided: New Volunteer Orientation, Hospital Tour, Shadowing with an experienced Guest Greeter, and CPR.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours, 1 x week, Mon-Fri, 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm
- Able to stand and walk long distances for a prolonged period.