3 people are interested
Davenport Lab - Plasma Packer
3 people are interested
**ImpactLife is now requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required. Masks will also continue to be worn by all staff, volunteers and donors.
Basic Function: Enter information into computer for plasma shipment and pack for transportation.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS: Looking for 2 people - can choose from any of these shifts
Tuesday 4p - 7p
Wednesday 8a - 12p or 4p - 7p
Thursday 8a - 12p or 4p - 7p
Friday 8a - 12p or 4p - 7p
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter applicable information into computer for shipping plasma
- Pack plasma in shipping boxes
- Seal shipping boxes for transportation
- Place boxes in freezer unit
- Other special projects as needed by Laboratory Manager or designee
- Required to meet Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.) role performance expectations within 30 days of starting role
- Ability to identify problems and seek assistance
- Volunteer Orientation, safety training and cGMP information as required
- Standard Operating Procedure (S.O.P.) review and competency evaluation as required
- Follow all Blood Center policies, safety regulations, and quality standards
- Able to work effectively with a variety of people and be a team player
- Able to portray positive image to public and internal customers at all times
- Able to transport self to, from and within building
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs, if object is over 30 lbs, please ask for staff assistance
- Normally works in well-lit, ventilated environment but occasionally requires concentrating in a noisy environment
MASKS REQUIRED FOR ALL STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, DONORS
5500 Lakeview Parkway, Davenport, IA 52807, US
ImpactLife Vision: Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood related service to enhance patients' lives. Mission: Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
The Blood Center is a volunteer-based organization that involves volunteer blood donors, a voluntary board of trustees, and community volunteers. Volunteers provide a much needed and valued service to our donors, patients and staff. We serve over 115 hospitals in 4 states and utilize volunteers from many areas to assist in our operations. Headquarters for the organization, as well as component processing, is located in Davenport, Iowa.
5500 Lakeview ParkwayDavenport, IA 52807
November 24, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shifts, once day a week. Asking for 6 month or longer commitment, due to extensive training involved.
- attention to detail, accuracy, people skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, must be at least 18, able to lift 30 pounds