The Wagging Dog Walker position provides shelter dogs with regular exercise and social interaction. this position may be filled by a 10+ volunteer working one-on-one with a 21+ adult.
- Walk all dogs during shift
- Use positive reinforcement training techniques
- Pay attention and observe safety guidelines
- Scoop poop on each walk
- Play with dogs in Adoptable Dog Play yard located off traning room
Must be available 8-10am, 11-1pm, or 3-5pm
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shifts. Must make a commitment of 3 months
- HOPE Garden
- Foodaroo Food Festival
- Jack or Jill of Trades
- Entertainers - Senior Care Homes
- Drivers - Living Well Senior...
- Driver - Hospice Volunteer...
- Art Gallery Volunteer
- Tax Assistance
- Condo Cat Companions - Homeward...
- Driver/Server for New Food...
- Special Events Volunteer
- Driver - for Blind and Visually...
- ELL Volunteer - Vermont Adult...
- Community Lunch Volunteers
- Friendly Visitor - Elderly...
- Driver - Meals on Wheels
- After School Support at The Boys...
- Basic Skills Volunteer Teacher -...
- Addison County Restorative...
- Exercise Program Leader - Bone...