The cashier is welcoming and greeting customers, answering basic questions about the stores and the program, and ensuring that our visitors have a pleasant shopping and sales transaction experience with us. Training for the cash register will be provided. This might be a good fit for you if: You are comfortable working with a cash register and handling sales transactions (or are willing to learn), you are comfortable with fundamental math concepts including calculating percents, you enjoy being a part of a great team made up of committed and diverse volunteers and staff members, you have a friendly smile and enjoy helping customers, you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that supports families in rebuilding their lives after the devastating effects of domestic violence and homelessness. Retail experience or cash register experience is a plus! Current openings for the cash register are Tuesdays and Thursday and Fridays from 10am to 2pm. The store provides the largest and most consistent form for funding for our program, which helps women and children in situations of domestic violence. This store also allows the women in our program to go shopping for clothing and household items that they need at no cost to them!
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A regular weekly shift, usually 4 hours at a time.
- Should be able to stand while working
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Special Events and Fundraising...
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Niles Resale Store Cashier
- Niles Resale Store
- Play with kids at our Domestic...
- Project Lifeline Mentor
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Have fun with kids - become a...
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...