Cancer Resource Center Training Chair - Help Cancer Patients and their families
25 people are interested
WHAT A Cancer Resource Center is a designated space in a cancer treatment facility where highly trained American Cancer Society volunteers provide materials, information on ACS programs and community resources and immediate access to the national call center and the ACS website.
WHO Volunteers, people like you, who want to make a difference in the lives of those fighting cancer.
WHY The goal of the American Cancer Society is to provide information and support to newly diagnosed cancer patients to support better decision making and improve the quality of life of cancer patients. To make this as easy as possible for the patients, we are going to them.
HOW Volunteers. All different types of volunteers in many different roles.
WHERE St. Joseph Medical Center Tacoma, WA
Position: Cancer Resource Center Volunteer Training Chair Location: St. Joseph Medical Center Tacoma, WA
Time Frame: Two years Responsible to: Cancer Resource Center Chair
Position Summary: Schedule, coordinate and conduct all necessary Cancer Resource Center (CRC) volunteer training. Training will include essentials of American Cancer Society (ACS) programs and services, volunteer position expectations and direction on working with patients.
- Read Cancer Resource Center Training Chair Handbook.
- Schedule and coordinate all new volunteer and annual recertification trainings.
- Attend Leadership Summit in fall, may require out of town travel.
- After attending two (2) volunteer trainings and attending the "Train the Trainer" course at the Leadership Summit, assume responsibility for conducting volunteer training.
- Ensure all volunteer application and training forms are submitted to ACS staff partner AND CRC Operations and Data Collection Chair in a timely manner.
- Offer regularly scheduled volunteer training sessions.
- Ensure all volunteers are fully trained prior to volunteering in the CRC and all volunteers receive annual recertification training.
- Attend monthly CRC Committee meetings
Qualifications/Skills: · Commitment to the American Cancer Society mission. · Strong background in training and program orientation. · Ability to communicate clearly in person, via telephone and in writing. · Committed to program and volunteer effectiveness. · Strong computer knowledge (preferably PowerPoint ability) and attention to detail and paperwork. · Cultural competence.
- CRC orientation and training.
- Training offered on all programs, information and materials.
- "Train the Trainer" course
- CRC Volunteer Training Chair Handbook
- Cancer Resource Center Chair
- Cancer Resource Center Committee
- ACS Staff Partner
We'll work with your schedule.
St. Joesph Medical Center1717 South J StreetTacoma, WA 98405
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18