Volunteer Abroad in Costa Rica Internship Sea Turtle Conservation Programs www.abroaderview.org
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
62 people are interested
Internship descriptions: With the collaboration of volunteers through internship projects we get the chance to continually improve the development of the investigation projects, pursuing conservation of resources in areas of biological importance in the Central American tropics. We need people who want to have a rewarding experience doing an internship or a gap year project on behalf of the natural resources of Costa Rica and the world. It is also a great opportunity to learn about the culture, language, food and hospitality of Costa Rica in the Latin American context.
Mission: Through the Beach Investigation Program, we protect and conserve the nests and carry on a program of investigation which allows us to develop information leading to proper planning of tourist activities and to the efficient conservation and protection of the endangered species.
Apply knowledge in areas of natural sciences in terms of improving and supporting research activities in marine resource conservation in Costa Rica, fulfilling personal and professional academic requirements related to biodiversity conservation.
Duties of the intern
- Assist other volunteers in the roles assigned within the project
- Introduction to the methodology and data collection practices along with the basic biology of sea turtles
- Attend and participate in data collection on the beaches related to the tasks of monitoring species
- Attend the placement activities, harvesting, replanting, removal, monitoring and surveillance of nests according to preset protocols for sea turtle monitoring
- Assist in the release of baby turtles according to protocol
- Perform exhumations in the company of volunteer support
- Record and review the information to be recorded in the formats established by the protocol
- In addition, the intern will have to be responsible for the use and maintenance of tools, equipment and facilities of the project and other activities necessary for the normal performance of the project, considering the comments, recommendations and schedules of the volunteer coordinators in the project.
We'll work with your schedule.
Volunteer houseSan Jose, 1111111Costa Rica
- Environmental Education
- Animal Therapy
- Environmental Science
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 12 Weeks
- Project length: