Grace Centers of Hope has pioneered a fresh approach to ending and preventing homelessness by weaving together supportive services, safe and affordable housing, and neighborhood revitalization efforts. What once was a blighted neighborhood in downtown Pontiac, destroyed by drugs and prostitution, is now a growing community where children ride their bikes safely up and down the street. We call this transformed neighborhood "Little Grace Village". Consisting of 11 single and multi-family homes on Seneca Street in Pontiac, these houses have been purchased, restored to their original architecture, and rented to graduates of the One Year Life Skills Program at Grace Centers of Hope.
LITTLE GRACE VILLAGE: get your hands dirty, build a deck, paint a wall or do some landscaping in our transitional housing community.
Bring your family, friends or company for a day devoted to serving in our "Little Grace Village". We own over 10 homes on Seneca Street, where our residents can choose to go after graduating our one year life skills program. Various projects are available to choose from.
Depending on the size and scope of the project outside funding may be required
Below are some of our projects for 2016
- Sod Hands of Hope playground - Materials needed - Gloves, Sod, Shovels (3-5 ppl)
- Clean out all Aftercare houses basements - Materials needed - Gloves, Trash bags, Push brooms (10-15 ppl)
- Organize and clean all storage sheds - Materials needed - Gloves, Dust masks, Brooms, Trash bags (4-6 ppl)
- Re-Gravel parking area behind 70 & 74 Seneca - Materials needed - Gravel, Gloves, Rakes, Shovels (8-12 ppl)
- Building a drainage system for our children’s playground and laying new playscape mulch. Materials needed -PVC piping, pipe cement, attachments to connect pipes, playscape mulch. (8-12 ppl)
- Updating smaller box gardens into 1 large raised garden. Materials needed - Pavestones, dirt, topsoil and shovels. (8-12 ppl)
- Clear out and fix gutters. Materials needed - Ladders, gloves and recycle bags (some gutters might need to be replaced) (4-6 ppl)
- General Lot cleanup. Materials needed - rakes and recycle bags. (10-15 ppl)
- Cleaning out gardens and laying mulch. Materials needed - gloves, rakes and mulch (10-15 ppl)
- Paint back porch at 245 Perry Street -- Materials needed - Paint brushes, Paint tray, Stain (light brown), Large rocks, Gloves (4-6 ppl)
- Community Outreach
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12