Provide information and social support for oncology patients and families at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Clinic, which is located at 825 Eastlake Avenue East on the South Lake Union campus of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Guest Services Volunteers work in the Main Lobby on the first floor.
1. Provide excellent customer service for patients and families who enter the clinic through the main lobby or call the Guest Services desk.
2. Provide information about Seattle and the Lake Union area, including restaurants, grocery stores, shopping areas, bus routes, shuttle services and recreational activities.
3. Assist the Volunteer Services staff with distributing donated tickets for special events and other diversionary activities to patients' families.
4. Assist with patient parking validation and requesting taxicabs and special transportation (HopeLink, First Hill Shuttle, etc) for patients as needed.
5. Distribute maps/shuttle schedules, general information on Clinic (brochures, classes).
6. Direct customers to daily classes throughout the Clinic; distribute daily class schedule to receptions desks in the clinic.
7. Organize brochures, magazines and books in the patient waiting areas on a regular basis.
8. Make eye contact; greet every patient/visitor entering the building.
9. Respect the privacy of patients and family members, and abide by the confidentiality policies of the Volunteer Services Program.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training