Earn Student Volunteer Community Service Hours at Turning Points
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
84 people are interested
Attention: Teachers, Students and Parents
Turning Points, a local nonprofit, located in Bradenton, FL , is offering volunteer opportunities for all Manatee County students interested in earning community service hours after school or for the summer . Students who volunteer would have positions in the Turning Points Medical/Dental Clinic, Reception Center and at the Open Door Day Resource Center doing data entry, filing, answering phones and helping in the mail room and at the Open Door desk. There are also opportunities for groups of 2-3 students who would like to work together.
For more information please contact Cheryl Hedger, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.TPManatee.org and Facebook.com/TurningPointsFL and learn more about what a special place Turning Points is.
We Love Our Volunteer Family
About Turning Points
701 17th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34205, US
To Provide, Facilitate and Coordinate Services to men, women and children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.
Located in Bradenton, FL, this unique non profit organization has four major programs.
1) Open Door Day Resource Center is where the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless and homeless with a roof can receive help with basic needs including use of the computer lab, employment assistance, mail service, Food Stamp assistance, hot showers, haircuts, clean clothes and shoes, laundry service and so much more.
2) Medical/Dental Clinic which provides primary care to homeless and low income clients who have no health insurance and meet eligibility requirements. Dental is available for low income individuals by a dedicated Dentist staff . Patients who have no insurance and meet eligibility requirements may receive help with extrations, filling, dentures and cleanings.
4) . Veteran Services Yellow Ribbon Program targets Manatee County Veteran men and women and their families that are struggling with issues related to homelessness. This program assist Veterans and families through their individual needs, providing a "Housing First" philosophy that is not enabling.
5). Transitional Development Program assist the homeless, those served with an eviction notice and those requesting rental assistance to prevent becoming homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
701 17th Ave WestBradenton, FL 34205
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- One or two shifts per week/Flexible