Kindred Hospice is looking for Ann Arbor students, retiree's or those who would like to share their talents with our patients, families and caregivers in their home, nursing home, assisted living or other alternate living facilities. Assignments are based on the location of where you live so it is convenient for everyone.
No matter how you help, it's impossible to overstate how much this support means to the patient and family as well as the Hospice team working with them.
We have a volunteer role that is designed for you and we welcome any new ways or ideas in volunteering for our patients such as:
Offering Companionship Visits -1 hour a week at a time and date that works for your schedule
Crafting- Offer a fun way to visit with our patients and sharing your talents with them, Scrap booking, Card Making, Sewing projects are just a few ways of giving back
Cosmetology- Licensed cosmetologists and barbers can help make our patients feel their best
Creative Writers- If you have a love for creative writing this would be a wonderful way to use your skill in documenting and translating their oral histories into a written document.
Massage Therapy- Enhance a patients quality of life, assist in promoting a sense of well being and reduce the physical and emotional effects of stress or tension by providing massages to our patients and staff
Veterans- Provide support to veterans who are hospice patients, You can relate to your fellow veteran in a special way due to your shared military experience.
Music-Do you play a musical instrument, or sing? Music transcends us all to a place and time which is so important and is often the last thing that is effected by Dementia or Alzheimer's Help bring back the memories by sharing your talents with our patients
Come Aboard Kindred Hospice would love to have you!
Contact: Colleen Heath at 248 356 5070 or Colleen.Heath@Gentiva.com
- Music Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- String Instrument
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr a week or 2-4 visits a mo.
- What ever time you can give is more then appreciated
- Veteran Volunteers Wanted!
- Veteran volunteers wanted for...
- Auburn Hills, Rochester Volunteers
- Make a difference in your...
- DETROIT AREA HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS!
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - OAK...
- WHITE LAKE HOSPICE VOLUNTEER!
- KNITTING GROUPS
- Grosse Ille, Trenton Hospice...
- HIGHLAND MICHIGAN VOLUNTEERS!
- Volunteer in Ann Arbor and...
- Volunteers for Hospice
- BRIGHTON MICHIGAN RETIREES!
- Belleville and Romulus Michigan...
- Volunteers Wanted in Brighton,...
- Were looking for Administrative...
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Brighton,Whitmore Lake,South...
- Volunteer in Milford with...
- Southfield,MI Patient support ...