Tri-Palm Estates Citizens on Patrol COPS
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereVolunteer Site in Thousand PalmsThousand Palms, CA 92276
Citizens on Patrol (COPS) Volunteer:
- COP volunteers are extensively trained citizens that patrol the City of Thousand Palms in a specially marked vehicle and are a highly visible presence in the community. Their primary role is to be the "eyes and ears" for the community as they assist and support the deputies of the Thousand Palms Police Department. Their responsibilities include conducting extra patrols, issuance of courtesy warnings, providing crime prevention and safety information, conducting business checks, assisting stranded motorists, traffic control at accidents, maintain crime scene perimeters and other duties as directed by patrol officers. These volunteers must be knowledgeable of the police radio codes and physically capable to be in the outside environment for a moderate period of time.
- 21 years of age
- Valid California Driver's License
- Complete a Comprehensive Volunteer Application
- Pass a Background Check by the Riverside County Sheriff's Office
- Commit to Donate a Minimum of16 Hours per month
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children (CASA)
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library