Riverside County Department of Animal Services
DONATE TO THIS
86 people are interested
1. Adoptions- Assist the Adoption Counselors, help start paperwork, and introduce dogs/cats to clients.
2. Clerical-Spray/Neuter Clinic- make appointment reminders, prepare licensing mailers.
3. Clinic- Assist clinic staff (basic cleaning, prepare vet wraps, laundry , autoclave, and other duties as delegated by clinic staff).
4. Fostering- Animals need human interfacing to become good adoptable pets. At times there are sick or injured animals that need one on one care to get past their illness in a quiet environment until they are ready for adoption.
5. Greeter- To assist customers as they come in and refer them to the correct location.
6. Grooming-To make our shelter animals look the best they can.
7. Special/Events- Contacting/fostering other volunteers for Special Events, working special events in any of the duties on this page.
8. Socializing of Shelter Animals- Dog Socializers, those handling dogs need to learn how to safely get dogs in and out of kennels, teach some basic manner skills to dogs, and learn to "read" dogs. Same with cats.
About Riverside County- RSVP and Volunteer Connect Volunteer Programs
44-199 Monroe St., Suite B, Indio, CA 92201, US
Enhance the lives of individuals through volunteer service to their community.
Are you looking to Volunteer? Interested in helping your community? If yes, send us a messege and let us find the perfect opportunity for you to volunteer.
Recruit, support, recognize and place teenagers, young adults and adults aged 55 years old and over in volunteer positions where their time, talent and experience can best benefit the community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for your local community. To better assist you in volunteering, can you please fill out this brief application.
Shelter is located inThousand Palms, CA 92276
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training