Department of Animal Services
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereShelter is located inThousand Palms, CA 92276
1. Adoptions-Assist the Adoption Counselors,help start paperwork,and introduce dogs/cats to clients.
2. Clerical-Spray/Neuter Clinic appointments reminders,prepare licensing mailers.
3. Clinic-Assist clinic staff (basic cleaning,prepare vet wraps,laundry,autoclave,and other duties as delegated by clinic staff).
4. Fostering-Animals need human interfacing to become good adoptable pets.At times there are sick or injured animals that need one on one care to get past their illness in a quiet environment until they are ready for adoption.
5. Greeter-To assist customers as they come in and refer them to the correct.
6. Grooming-To make our shelter animals look the best they can.
7. Special/Events-Contacting/fostering other volunteers for Special Events,Working special events in any of these duties on this page.
8.Socializing of Shelter Animals-Dog Socializers,Those handling dogs need to learn how to safely get dogs in and out of kennels,teach some basic manner skills to dogs, and learn to "read" dogs.Same with cats.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Orientation! July 26th...
- Habitat for Humanity
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children ( CASA )
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Help us at Halloween...
- Portola Community Center
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Volunteer at the 2017...
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library