WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where74854 Velie Way # 7Palm Desert, CA 92260
Training a dog to be a therapy dog is very much "on the job training." The difference between the first week's visit to a facility and the visits 1 month, 2 months, etc. are totally different.
We are always on the look-out for great therapy dog wanna-be's.
Over the past few months we've seen many dogs in the office that were incredibly cute to look at, but they didn't possess the personality traits to take on the responsibilities of Animal Assisted Therapy.
Being a 'cute' dog to look at, is so not it. The cuteness of the dog really has nothing to do with the dog's personality, nor does breeding. In order for your dog to be considered for this most rewarding type of work, look at your dog and ask yourself these questions:
1) Is my dog comfortable in all situations, i.e. coming into contact with strangers on the street, or walking the isles of Lowe's or Home Depot?
2) Will my dog allow total strangers to come over and say hello? And will my dog greet the person with great interest and curiosty?
3) Does my dog greet visitors in my home with eagerness and affection? Does my dog want to be the center of attention and make guests happy that they've come over to visit?
At "Paws & Hearts" Animal Assisted Therapy we love temperament testing potential Canine Ambassadors and coming up with winners. Consider what will be required of your dog by reviewing our website, and watch the videos of a hospital visit and a temperament test. If you think your pooch has what it takes, we really want to hear from you!
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Sky Valley Citizens on Patrol
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Mizell Senior Center Needs your...
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- SafeHouse of the Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse