Palm Desert Library (Public Library Assistance)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereVolunteer Site is inPalm Desert, CA 92260
- Clerical aides perform clerical and shelving tasks that support public services.
- Clerical office aide assist library office in secretarial or clerical job which might include: typing, filing, collating materials, preparing mailing, word processing and photocopying.
- Collection maintenance aides help to maintain good physical condition of the library collection, including print and non-print materials.
- Home-bound aides provide services to patrons who are unable to come to the library.
- Program aides will assist with programs as needed.
- Reference aides perform off desk tasks that support reference and information service.
- Reference assistant provide assistance to patrons in using electronic resources; providing one-on-one or group orientation sessions for patrons using Mirage-Net or CD-ROM databases.
- Shelving aides assist the Library Pages, to keep library materials in order.
- Technical aides assist the Library staff in providing excellent library service by assisting the public in the use of variety of machines in the building.
- The volunteer coordinator assists the library staff in providing excellent public service in a cost-effective and efficient manner by developing a pool of volunteers to perform a variety of task.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Accounting Opportunity with the...
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children (CASA)
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Cathedral City Library
- Jewish Family Services ( Office...