Volunteer Services, a program of Catholic Community Services of Western Washington, is committed to helping low-income elders and persons living with disabilities remain independent in their own homes. Services are provided at no charge and serve as a safety net for those individuals who do not qualify for programs or cannot afford to pay for assistance.
* Transportation: Volunteer drivers needed to provide transportation for seniors and adults with disabilities to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and other essential errands. Drivers must be 21 and over, have valid WA driver’s license, insurance and vehicle in good condition.
* Light housework: We have a waiting list of clients that need a little help keeping their home or apartment clean.
* Yard care: Lawn mowing, shrub trimming, etc
* House repairs: Like to tinker? Change light bulbs, hang curtain rods, fix a drippy faucet. Seniors and disabled adults really need you!
* Shopping: Some clients can’t get out of their homes to get needed groceries or prescriptions...do you have some time to go shopping for someone?
* Moving Assistance: Join our moving team and get your work out!
Volunteers generally provide 2-18 hours per month assisting clients. Flexible scheduling is available depending on your schedule/availability and the needs of clients. Volunteers are all ages and choose which tasks they wish to do, the days and times that they are available, and the location in which they can work. Training, mileage reimbursement and insurance are provided to assist volunteers in their commitment. Due to the vulnerable population we serve, volunteers must complete an initial screening process that includes a background check, three references, and confidentiality form and disclosure statement.
- Elder care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Appliance Repair
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Varies according to your schedule.