Mail Assistant, Shopper, Driver Needed for Neighbors who are Blind
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
47 people are interested
The Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind seeks volunteers to sort mail, shop, read, and drive for neighbors who are blind. Work is conducted within the home community and positions are available throughout Connecticut, especially in New Haven, Hartford, Hamden, North Haven, Middletown, Meriden, New Britain and surrounding towns.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Volunteers will be matched within three to five miles of home or work.
We'll work with your schedule.
Hartford, West Haven, New Haven, Middletownor within 7 miles of your home or workHartford, CT 06119
- Reading / Writing
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18