Dallas Area Craft/Sewing Project Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
132 people are interested
There are as many special projects as there are unique volunteers. We always have a need for crafters to make lap robes, shawls, blankets, pillowcases, small pillows, afghans, or small decorative items for patients' rooms...all of which can be lovingly supplied from the hands of our wonderful craft volunteers.
Ideas of Items to Make for Patients:
- Small wreath for door or bedside
- Door hanger
- Greeting cards
- Booklets of pictures (animals, places of travel, or scenery)
- Eye catching small items to hang in patients’ rooms
- Crafty Holiday projects
- Hand Rolls so patient’s finger nails don’t dig into hands - big ones for men at 3.5X5.5. The medium size is 3X4.5. Important thing is to stuff them pretty tightly so they are squeezable but not collapsible. We just use batting from the sewing aisle. Can use whatever scrap material you already have so you aren’t out a cost. If do buy fabric, nothing too felty otherwise food and gross stuff gets stuck to it.
- Occasionally, a family will ask for something to be made from an item (i.e. a shirt) that once belonged to their loved one. We call the items 'Memory Bears' or 'Memory Pillows', etc.
We would love to hear your ideas as well! Items may be made at home and delivered to our office or a staff member will be happy to pick up.
We'll work with your schedule.
8200 Walnut Hill LaneDallas, TX 75231
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- Depends on the project, can do projects at Home.
- Someone who enjoys sharing their Craft/Sewing skills