Share your talents with JASA seniors! JASA is looking for volunteers to lead groups of seniors in organized activities at Throggs Neck Senior Center. Activities may include singing or music groups, political or current event discussions, crossword or puzzle groups, arts and crafts projects, fitness classes or anything else that will bring the people of the center together in an active and social way.
* Experience with seniors
* Experience/background in class topic required
* Relevant certification required for exercise classes
* Flexible scheduling is available with a minimum commitment of one day a week
* Ongoing opportunity
* Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Long Island.
- People Skills
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Visual Arts
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- weekly, weekday business hours, ongoing