A great position for anyone! Volunteers can work on an as needed basis or set up a schedule. Volunteers help in the education department, at special events, at exhibit openings, on busy days at the Museum or where ever is needed.
This is a wonderful starting place for volunteers who want to get involved with many aspects of the museum. A museum volunteer is expected to be warm, friendly and approachable. They should be knowledgeable of the galleries, amenities and programming to assist our guests with their questions or needs. Volunteers should feel comfortable talking with museum visitors of all ages and backgrounds. It is the Museum Volunteer’s goal to create a better visitor experience for every person that comes into the Frazier History Museum.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to talk to the public.
- Great people skills and the ability to maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor with varying personality types are key elements of success for this position.
- The ability to work independently and attentively is required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Selected applicants must complete an In-Service Training and Museum Volunteer Orientation.
- Orientation is a one-session meeting which includes a discussion of the role /purpose of the Museum Volunteer, museum history, and museum amenities. In-Service Training includes an overview of the galleries, shadowing experienced Museum Volunteers to enhance guest service skills, and familiarization with museum programming.
Length of Position
- This is an ongoing position.
How to Apply
Complete the online application at http://www.fraziermuseum.org/support-2/volunteer-intern-program/. The successful candidate must pass a background check before the internship can begin and may be asked to provide references.
For more information, contact Lauren Wheatley, Manager of Membership & Volunteer Programs at (502) 753-1699 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training