Join our volunteer team as a Library Resource Assistant! We are seeking volunteers to serve as ambassadors to our residential houses to ascertain the residents' current book preferences and to make these matierials available to them using the resources of our library.
The Silver Hill patient library boasts a broad selection of self-help, fiction and nonfiction books, magazines and newspapers for our patients and their families. Your job will be to help bring these resources to the residents in our houses and also help ensure that materials are returned before patients discharge.
We prefer volunteers who could be available during the week to interact with patients during their free time (Mon-Fri 10:00-11:30 or late afternoon).
Volunteers will receive a hospital orientation (offered on the first Monday of the month 10:00 a.m. to 5:00) and also access to our on-site medical education seminars.
This is a great opportunity for a college or graduate student, recent college or graduate school graduate , or individuals wishing to enter the healthcare and mental health field in the areas of nursing, social work, medicine or clinical psychology.
Please contact Lisa Ruggiero at email@example.com or 203-801-2320.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Literacy / Reading
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hr shift on Mon, Wed, or Fri
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Adolescent Programs-School Time...
- Business Office Assistant
- Do you play an instrument or sing?
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Seeking certified pet therapy...
- Seated Yoga/Meditation Group...
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Library Resources...
- Monday 10:00 a.m. Art Group for...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Adolescent Unit-Greet Visitors...
- Greet Patients & Families During...
- Delight Patients with Your...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Family & Patient...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...