Join our volunteer team as a library attendant and enjoy a variety of duties that are essential to keeping our medical and patient library the efficient and organized, but warm and friendly place it is.
The Silver Hill medical and patient library boasts a robust collection of up-to-date journals and medical publications for our clinical staff and a broad selection of self-help, leisure books, magazines and newspapers for our patients and their families.
Several volunteers are required to create and maintain an ongoing schedule of library attendants for Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Volunteers will receive a hospital orientation (offered on the first Monday of the month 10:00 a.m. to 5:00) and also access to our on-site medical education seminars. This is a great opportunity for a college or graduate student, recent college or graduate school graduate , or individuals wishing to enter the healthcare and mental health field in the areas of nursing, social work, medicine or clinical psychology.
Please contact Lisa Ruggiero at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-801-2320.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Literacy / Reading
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hr shift on Mon, Wed, or Fri
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Adolescent Programs-School Time...
- Business Office Assistant
- Make some music!
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Seated Yoga/Meditation Group...
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Attendant...
- Monday 10:00 a.m. Art Group for...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Adolescent Unit-Greet Visitors...
- Greet Patients & Families During...
- Delight Patients with Your...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Family & Patient...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...