This great museum shares the drama, excitement and technology of America’s Naval Aviation Heritage with the public. The ship is widely recognized as being one of the top destinations in San Diego. Exhibitions interpret historical and educational aspects of Naval aviation and the rise of carrier power in a fun and entertaining way. Thousands of local, national, and international visitors come to the museum every day.
We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Docents (tourguide), Ship Restoration, Exhibits Maintenance Shop Manager, Aircraft Maintenance and Restoration, Safety, Knot Tying, Education Program -Overnight and Leadership Academy, Curtorial (Proceedings).
We are also seeking WWii veterans to join our Speakers Forum.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Weekly, based on department needs
- Ability to climb ship's ladders and navigate around the ship.
- Meaningful Work as a Citizenship...
- Share Your Navy Experience
- Ship Restoration on the Midway
- Seeking World War II Veterans
- Fun Group Project Aboard the USS...
- WEEKEND Docents (Tourguides)...
- Safety Volunteers Wanted!
- Overnight Education Program...
- Naval Aviators Wanted for...
- Citizenship Tutor
- American Sign Language Interpretor