Public Tour Docents conduct museum tours for drop-in visitors of all ages and for scheduled group tours of all types.
Volunteers who sign up take 4 classes and each class is 2 hours long. After the classes, new docents shadow Master Docents to learn more. This is a great opportunity to share history.
Docents present the story of the Rancho San Pedro, the Dominguez family, and the 1910 International Aviation Meet within the context of Southern California development.
Tours are given Wednesdays,Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Exhibit Preparators
- Web Designer
- IT Volunteer
- Docents: teach history!
- Blog Writer
- Rare Book Collection - Volunteer...
- Conservation/Curatorial Volunteers
- Public Relations Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Work in a Museum - artifact...
- Graphic Designer
- Rose Garden Volunteers
- PastPerfect Database Volunteer
- Children Activity Volunteers
- Archival Photograph Volunteer
- Tour Guides to Give Tours to the...
- Cactus Garden Volunteers