Wissahickon's hospice team needs compassionate, caring individuals to provide support to patients and family members who are terminally ill. Volunteers assist patients in life review, support family members by providing a caring and supportive ear, respite for caregivers or simply your quiet presence.
Hospice volunteers give 2 or more hours per week making visits to patients in their homes, in Nursing Homes , Assisted Living facilities.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Certified Pet Therapy Volunteers...
- Inpatient Greeter/Customer...
- Threshold Choir Members
- Patient Visitors Needed in...
- Reiki Certified /Patient Visitors
- Patient Support Needed in Bucks...
- Patient Visiting Volunteers...
- Vigil Volunteers
- Cooks and Bakers- Share your...
- Seeking Administrative Office...