Fire Prevention and Support - Community Education
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Whereexact location to be determinedCamarillo, CA 93010
Fire Prevention Community Education opportunities include:
1. Assist at Fire Department information booths at events such as health fairs, Emergency Preparedness events, volunteer fairs and the Ventura County Fair.
2. Logistics - on-call support at fire incidents. See separate listing on this site regarding this position.
3. Partipate is drills as a "volunteer victim."
4. Become "Firefighter Robby" by wearing a 10 foot tall inflatable costume.
5. Meet, greet and check people in at special events such as awards ceremonies
6. Assist with making goodie bags, which are distributed to children on Fire Station tours.
7. Additional tasks as requested by staff, such as helping a Fire Academy gradution demonstrations, deliverig items to Stations throughout the county, picking up Spark of Love gift collections in December and more.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment varies