There are hundreds of Seniors and Adults with Disabilities in Loveland and Fort Collins who are independent, but need personal transportation for reasons such as health care, nutrition and groceries, physical fitness, employment, volunteer service, wellness/recreation and general errands.
SAINT Volunteer Drivers meet this need for them. Volunteers use their own vehicles to transport riders to and from, and there is no cost to the Rider to use the service. The SAINT office staff manage the scheduling, communications , rider and volunteer onboarding and general operations.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER DRIVER
- Must love driving around town and visiting with people
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal background screen
- Must have a reliable vehicle (including working seatbelts)
- Must have a Colorado Driver's license
- Must have a clean driving record
- Driving Days / Times: Choose the weekday most convenient for your schedule for a morning or afternoon shift. Mornings are 8:15am-12:15pm. Afternoon Shifts are 12:00pm - 4:15pm.
- Driving Frequency: Most Volunteer Drivers drive the same day and time each week, and some drive once or twice per month or are on an on-call basis.
- Driving Schedule Details: Driving Schedules are sent to the Drivers' email the day before they are scheduled to drive.
- Scope of Service: Drivers simply drive people to and from their destinations. Drivers do not assist individuals within their destinations.
- Automobile Insurance: The Volunteer Drivers' automobile policy is the primary coverage, but SAINT does provide supplemental liability insurance covering all Volunteer Drivers.
- Reimbursement for Mileage: Volunteers may choose to be reimbursed for their mileage.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Choose from 1-4 weekly 4 hour shifts/month.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record, Proof of Insurance, Reliable Vehicle, Loves Driving!