A small country church needs some maintenance or repairs ? Are you handy? Please volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
There's a little church in a valley near Christmas in Arizona that needs some tender loving care. Nestled beneath Christmas mountain on Dripping Springs Road, north of Winkelman, and about 27 miles south of Globe, the church is simply named a church to God because all faiths are welcome.
It needs some maintenance and repairs. Any help would be appreciated.
Would you like to:
(1) cut the grass
(2) put up molding and paint the restroom ceiling and wall
(3) install a water line for the kitchenette sink
(4) fix two, old evaporative coolers on the roof
(5) oil and re-stain six, double Fench doors and the front doors. (You can do one or a few)
(6) Find the missing septic holding tank in the yard. Possibly even hook up the sewer line to it where it's been cut?
(7) Replace two ceiling fans
(8) Fix a leaking restroom sink. Configure the faucets correctly
(10) replace a few old fence posts and boards
(11) Install hooks and latches to keep the wind from slamming the doors shut when they're open, or to securely close them when they're shut
(12) Dig a few trenches or berms to irrigate the olive trees better, or to redirect the water runoff toward the plants and away from the front doors. You can make this a xeriscape project, if you'd like
(13) A good Spring cleaning or mopping would be so appreciated!
Anything you would like to do to help this little interfaith church will be such a blessing.
The church was built in 1982. We need a wise man (or woman) to volunteer to help in whatever way you'd like to put this little church building back in the loving way it was created. The more volunteers the better!
Come enjoy a beautiful outing in the country, and give a gift of your service to a poor country church that really needs it.
It's in a beautiful valley, less than a two-hour drive from mid-Tucson. It's only 65 miles from NW Tucson (an hour-and-a-half), and 30 minutes south of Globe. It's lovely beneath the Christmas Mountains.
Would you like to see it? Photos are at:http://www.universal_philosophy. Click on the stars, then at the Association of Universal Philosophy website click on the link at the top about the Association. You can see many more photos at http://family.webshots.com/album/59492463oiKdKq
We'll work with your schedule.
4543 E. Dripping Springs RoadWinkelman, AZ 85192
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Have experience with any of these?Installing a rain gutter, rain catchment system. Diggi