There's a little church in a valley on Christmas Star Route, Arizona, that needs some TLC (tender loving care). Nestled beneath the mountains on Dripping Springs Road about 27 miles south of Globe, the church was simply named a church to God because all faiths are welcome
It needs some maintenance and repairs. Any help would be appreciated -- from cutting the grass to drywall for the restroom ceiling, digging up and repairing a leaking water line, hooking up water for the kitchenette, fixing evaporative coolers on the roof, repairing a light fixture, digging up the rocks near the entrance and making a smooth walkway there, painting the eves, oiling and staining the doors, putting up a small interior wall to make a storeage space, and more. The church was built in 1982.
Here are some tasks from which you can choose:
(1) The front double doors and six French double doors need their wood frames to be preserved with oil and varnish.
(2) The eves and facia boards need painting, and possibly sanding.
(3) The evaporative coolers on the roof need maintenance and repair.
(4) The kitchen sink could be hooked up by a skilled plumber or experienced person.
(5) The roof leaked and is temporarily patched with new tar paper. But some shingles need to be nailed onto the roof after the plywood beneath is replaced where it was damaged.
We need a wise man (or woman) to volunteer to help in whatever way you'd like to do to help restore this little church building. More volunteers would be even better!
The church also an electrician to repair to an electric circuit breaker.
Even a good Spring cleaning or mopping would be so appreciated!
Anything you would like to do to help maintain this little interfaith church will be such a blessing.
It's in a beautiful valley, less than a two-hour drive from mid-Tucson. It's only 65 miles from NW Tucson (an hour-and-a-half), and 30 minutes south of Globe. It's lovely beneath the Christmas Mountains.
Would you like to see it? Photos are at:http://www.universal_philosophy. Click on the stars, then at the Association of Universal Philosophy website click on the link at the top about the Association. You can see many more photos at http://family.webshots.com/album/59492463oiKdKq
Come enjoy a beautiful outing in the country, and give a gift of your service to a poor country church that really needs it.
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
Have experience with any of these?
Installing a rain gutter, rain catchment system. Diggi
- Give angels words wings!
- Catch the rain - bring water to...
- A small country church needs...
- Will you help another to heal of...
- You get to choose! Organize...
- Promote books of parables by...
- Proofreading and simple editing
- Study prophecies for today – and...
- Blog, share, tweet, reach out...
- Volunteer with the Association...
- Help write angels' words
- Help give angels words wings --...
- Help restore memory loss
- Please pray for healing of...
- Want to study the words of...
- Study prophecies for this time
- Promote a book of parables
- Make videos using angels...
- Research new energy source?