Regional Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where30 Milestone RoadDanbury, CT 06810
Make a Difference-- Become a Regional Hospice Volunteer!
Family Support Volunteers
Family Support Volunteers offer support and companionship for patients and their families in their home, assisted living residence, skilled nursing facility, or theCenter for Comfort Care and Healing. They provide companionship for patients and much-needed respite for caregivers. These special volunteers are an integral part of our multi-disciplinary team, providing support to bring joy to patients and ease the burden of families.
Regional Hospice aims to pair hospice-trained Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans. Once paired, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient at the end of life, promoting life review and healing.
Spiritual Care Volunteers
Spiritual Care Volunteers complete hospice training, they have a special interest in providing faith based support for patients and family. They volunteer under the direction of the spiritual care manager, who also manages a volunteer-based choir and music ministry to offer to our patients.
Bereavement Volunteers work under the direction of professional bereavement counselors to offer support to adults and children who have experienced the death of a loved one. Our Healing Hearts Center for Grieving Children & Families is well known for it’s award-winning volunteer-focused programs. Opportunities also exist for volunteer support group facilitators.
Integrative Therapies Volunteers
Integrative Therapies Volunteers offer patients their expertise in massage therapy, reiki, music, or art. Massage therapists are licensed in their specialty, carry insurance and are professionally trained for their role with hospice patients.
Pet Partners Volunteers
Pet Partners Volunteers visit patients to offer animal assisted therapy. Pet Partners must have completed training with Delta Society, Therapy Dogs International or locally through ROAR. All Pet Partner Volunteers also complete hospice volunteer training.
Administrative Volunteers help with office support, including filing, data entry, mailings or other clerical activities. They are oriented to their task, but do not need to complete volunteer training.
Fundraising Volunteers have a variety of opportunities to help Regional Hospice and Home Care raise funds that allow our agency to provide our important programs and services. Fundraising Volunteer opportunities include:
- Chapter volunteer - become a member of one of our town-based fundraising chapters
- Third party event volunteer - organize and host your own fundraising event or join the committee of one of our existing events
- Administrative/data entry - help our fundraising department run smoothly by helping with data entry or other administrative tasks
Center for Comfort Care and Healing Volunteers
Lobby Greeters welcome patients, families, and visitors to our in-patient hospice facility, the Center for Comfort Care & Healing. Shifts are 4 or 5 hours each from 8am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Kitchen volunteers help our Chef at the Center for Comfort Care & Healing by doing food prep, baking, cleaning, and "working the window" to help serve meals to patients, visitors, employees, and volunteers.
Garden volunteers help tend to the garden at the Center for Comfort Care & Healingby weeding, pruning, and providing other garden maintenance as needed.
Floral Arrangement Volunteers
Volunteers are needed twice a week to design floral arrangements for the Center for Comfort Care & Healing.
For information on any volunteer opportunity, call 203.702.7415 or apply online.
All interested volunteers must:
* Fill out an application online (http://RegionalHospiceCT.org/volunteer/online-volunteer-application/)
* Schedule an interview
* Submit three references
* Complete a background check
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mandatory training, then flexible.
- Family Support Volunteers have a 24 hour training.All other volunteers need to fill out an applicati
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
- Food Service Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Fundraising ("Giving Circle")...
- Volunteers to support hospice...
- Hospice Family Support Volunteer
- Reiki / Therapeutic Touch
- Community Bereavement Volunteer
- Regional Hospice Volunteer...
- NEW HAVEN AREA - Hospice Family...
- Bereavement Facilitator -...
- Lobby Greeters