Adult Literacy Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
114 people are interested
If you like working one on one or in a small group helping someone learn, then this is the opportunity for you!
You can volunteer to do one (or even all!) of the following:
- Meet with a student 1 on 1 as a tutor and help them learn English, Math, or computer skills
- Assist a teacher in a classroom while they teach English to non-native speakers
- Assist a teacher in a classroom while they teach reading, English, or math to native and non-native English speakers who may be working towards earning a GED
- Lead a conversation, computer skills, math, or reading/writing group.
What is the time commitment?
1.5 - 2 hours per week.
You set your schedule as a 1 on 1 or group leader volunteer. As a classroom volunteer, you can choose to help any day Monday - Thursday either during a 9AM-12:30PM class or a 6PM-9:30PM class.
What is the schedule?
What are the requirements to be a tutor?
- A high school diploma or GED
- A passion for helping others learn
- Interested in completing free tutor training either online or in-person
- Complete a background check (at no cost to you)
We'll work with your schedule.
18 S. River St.Aurora, IL 60506
- Literacy / Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours of training
- Tutor 1.5 hours a week